“No Kidding Around” – BENEFITS OF GPS TRACKING TO SCHOOLS
Today, GPS Tracking and reporting technology is integrated into every device. As this emerging technology goes mainstream, parent and teacher associations are starting to rely on GPS to ensure the safety and security of their children on their way to school/home.
Soltic Africa’s GPS Tracking technology installed in school buses aids in the safety of children and drivers. Parents and teachers can receive text messages when their children are approaching the bus stop or when the school bus reaches a certain distance.
How is this possible?
The Soltic Africa tracking alert system sends out data to show its current location. This helps in case of emergencies and is a benefit to parents, children and the school authorities. Parents can receive instant information including current location and ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the bus stop so the child won’t be left unattended when they return home.
How will it benefit Schools?
The school fraternity and administration can benefit from school buses equipped with Soltic’s GPS Trackers in the following ways;
- With Soltic GPS tracking, they can reduce fuel costs, review time punches and ensure the safety of students. A GPS equipped school bus has the ability to map out the most efficient route for the bus driver, avoiding wrong turns or high traffic areas. This results in significant fuel savings since the bus driver would be travelling the shortest route possible. It also means immediate ROI since the school administration can save money on paying bus drivers because travel time is greatly reduced.
- With the help of GPS tracking, school districts can monitor how the bus driver is performing with notifications that report alerts, speeding violations, dangerous cornering and sudden/harsh braking. This information can be used to counsel unsafe drivers and to ensure that children riding a bus reach their destination safely.
- To make it easier for drivers to find their destination, dispatchers can help find the most logical path to bypass traffic, construction or bad weather. This not only saves time but also avoids the confusion of dropping a child off at the wrong stop.
- GPS tracking can help protect children from being abducted. Since cases of missing children are on the rise, utilizing tracking technology to help keep children safe is a benefit to both school officials and parents. Knowing that a child is on their assigned bus and traveling to the right location provides assurance to parents and can help law enforcement authorities in the event that the child was not where they were supposed to be.
- Better Maintenance schedules for Fleet Managers. Improve the regularity and timeliness of preventative maintenance with Soltic’s GPS tracking on vehicles. Know in advance when bus/van servicing is due to minimize downtime and unwanted breakdowns, as well as allowing sufficient time to schedule substitute vehicles. Accurate mileage tracking also means better warranty recovery – another cost saving.
In a scenario where safety and security are the biggest concerns, installation of safety technology in schools is a prerequisite. Exploit Soltic Africa’s GPS technology and manage your school’s transport system in a safe and smart way.
For more information, visit our website www.solticafrica.com or call 0728 077777 or 020 5160315 to talk to our sales representatives. Visit us at the GreenHouse, along Ngong road – Suite Number 18.